Cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma for 2021
The state earlier is home to about 2.5 million licensed drivers in Oklahoma. The average cost of auto insurance in Oklahoma is $ 423 per year for minimum coverage or $ 1,873 per year for full coverage. This is less than the national average cost of auto insurance, which costs $ 565 per year for a minimum coverage policy, while a full coverage policy costs an average of $ 1,674 per year.
Although cheaper than the average cost of auto insurance in the United States, it is the third most dangerous state in the United States for auto insurance, thanks to Oklahoma’s many dangers, including tornadoes, floods, snow and forest fires.
With so many dangers on the road, it’s essential that drivers are able to protect themselves with the right coverage at the best price. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma, our methodological research compares coverage options, in addition to price, availability, affordability, customer satisfaction, and financial reliability.
Oklahoma’s cheapest auto insurance
The average cost of auto insurance in Oklahoma is $ 390 per year for minimum coverage or $ 1,878 per year for full coverage. That’s almost $ 200 less than the national average cost of auto insurance, which costs $ 563 per year for a minimum coverage policy, while a full coverage policy costs an average of $ 1,738 per year.
With our picks for the cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma, it’s possible to spend even less on your auto insurance.
Geico is one of the nation’s largest auto insurance providers, offering easy online quotes. Policyholders can also benefit from a top-notch mobile app, 24/7 customer service, and in-person support at three Oklahoma locations, including Lawton, Oklahoma City and Tulsa. There is also emergency roadside assistance and rental car insurance with the option to get additional discounts when you bundle other policies with Geico, like its motorcycle insurance, boat insurance, RV insurance and car insurance. classic. In addition to its many other discounts, Geico offers a search tool to find special discounts based on your military, federal, medical, professional or school affiliation.
USAA offers a 10% discount when you bundle your home insurance or renters insurance. There are also discounts depending on your drive and car, in addition to member-related savings, such as family and loyalty discounts. USAA offers all basic auto insurance coverage, as well as the option to expand coverage to include Emergency Roadside Assistance and Injury Protection (PIP). However, to benefit from the USAA’s low rates and award-winning customer service, you must be an active-duty military, veteran, or family member.
State Farm offers you plenty of ways to save money on your auto insurance through programs like Drive Safe & Save and Steer Clear, which help make it one of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. Plus, State Farm is especially welcoming to teenage drivers and college students, offering up to 25% off auto insurance premiums when you get good grades. There are also extensive coverage options, such as rental car coverage and carpooling insurance. If you prefer one-on-one assistance, local agents are available and a handy mobile app if you prefer to manage your policy yourself.
Farmers’ insurance is the best choice when you need specialized coverage. It is blunt that it does not offer gap insurance, but there is a whole range of additional protections such as Personal Injury Protection (PIP), Loss of Use, Equipment personalized, accident forgiveness, new car replacement coverage and its Guaranteed Value â¢ program. When you download the Signal app, you can save up to 30% on your premium with safe driving habits.
Mercury is a smaller insurance provider, serving only a handful of states, including Oklahoma. There are many ways to save money on your Mercury auto insurance, especially when you use its RealDriveÂ® to track miles traveled. In addition to payment and plan discounts, Mercury also offers discounts for your policy, such as an automatic payment discount, a full payment discount, and an electronic signature discount when you sign your policy online. Coverage options include PIP and rental car coverage with optional roadside assistance and phone coverage starting under $ 1 per day.
Affordable coverage for Oklahoma drivers
Drivers in Oklahoma are required to maintain a minimum amount of auto insurance in order to legally drive a vehicle in the state.
This includes the following minimum required coverage:
- Bodily liability coverage per person: $ 25,000
- Liability insurance for bodily injury by accident: $ 50,000
- Liability coverage for property damage: $ 25,000
To help keep costs down, drivers have the option of declining the following auto insurance coverage in writing:
- Personal injury coverage for uninsured motorists per person: $ 25,000 per person
- Personal injury coverage for uninsured motorists by accident: $ 50,000
However, it is always recommended that drivers purchase sufficient coverage to adequately protect themselves, their vehicle, property and any other party that may be involved in the accident.
How To Get Cheap Auto Insurance In Oklahoma
Before purchasing your next auto insurance policy, consider these tips to help you find cheap auto insurance in Oklahoma:
- Compare the prices: Where you live is one of the rate factors that affects the cost of your auto insurance. The best cheap car insurance in Tulsa may be different from the cheapest car insurance in other parts of Oklahoma.
- Compare suppliers: Every insurance company is different when it comes to things like policy offerings, prices, and even the areas they serve. Before you decide on the cheapest car insurance in Oklahoma, compare each quote to see which company best meets your needs.
- Take advantage of discounts: There are many ways to save on your auto insurance policy, especially when you pair your auto insurance policy with a policy from one of Oklahoma’s top home insurance companies. In addition to bundle discounts, consider other discounts such as vehicle safety discounts, safe driving discounts, and low mileage discounts.
- Work on your credit score: One factor that insurance companies use to calculate the price of your auto insurance is your credit score. When you have a good credit rating, insurance companies may consider you to be less at risk because you are more likely to make your payments on time.
- Increase your deductible: Another way to save money on your auto insurance is to increase your deductible. This can reduce the amount you pay each month for your insurance premium, but you will have to pay more up front when you file a claim.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best auto insurance in Oklahoma?
The cheapest auto insurance in Oklahoma for one driver may be different for another, as pricing is based on a combination of unique factors like the car you drive and your driver’s history.
What is the average cost of auto insurance in the United States?
In the United States, the average cost of auto insurance is $ 565 per year for minimum coverage and $ 1,674 each year for full coverage.
Is Auto Insurance Required in Oklahoma?
All Oklahoma drivers are required to maintain a minimum amount of auto insurance, which includes bodily injury liability coverage of $ 25,000 per person and $ 50,000 per accident and liability coverage for damage materials of $ 25,000.
Bankrate uses Quadrant Information Services to analyze 2021 rates for all zip codes and carriers in all 50 states and Washington, DC Rates shown are based on a 40 year old male and female driver with a clean driving record , good credit and the following. coverage limits:
- $ 100,000 of civil liability per person
- Civil liability of $ 300,000 per accident
- Liability for property damage of $ 50,000 per accident
- $ 100,000 of uninsured bodily injury by a motorist per person
- $ 300,000 in uninsured bodily injury by a motorist per accident
- $ 500 collision deductible
- Full $ 500 deductible
To determine the minimum coverage limits, Bankrate used minimum coverage that meets the requirements of each state. Our example drivers own a 2019 Toyota Camry, commute five days a week, and travel 12,000 miles a year.
These are sample rates and should only be used for comparison purposes. Your quotes may be different.