Important Information Drivers Should Know Before Purchasing New Car Replacement Insurance
“Losing a new car can be a major inconvenience for most drivers. In many cases, insurers will only reimburse the actual cash value of a totaled vehicle. However, with the help of new car replacement insurance, owners can recover from the loss of their vehicles. Said Russell Rabichev, IMC
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB)
October 27, 2021
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that features important information drivers should know about new car replacement insurance.
For more information and free online auto insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/everything-drivers-need-to-know-about-new-car-replacement-insurance/
Whenever drivers take their car on the road, there is always the possibility of an accident, and in some cases the possibility of losing the vehicle. A totalized vehicle can cause disruption and inconvenience in the life of a driver. Usually, insurance companies offer a protective measure to protect the driver’s financial investment. However, there is additional coverage that drivers can get to close any potential financial gap if their vehicles are totaled and need to be replaced. New car replacement insurance is optional coverage that can help drivers who have totaled their cars.
Drivers looking to get new car replacement insurance should consider the following
- What is new car replacement insurance? This type of optional coverage allows drivers to replace a vehicle that has been totaled. It pays the cost of a new car of the same make and model that the driver just lost, less a deductible. Usually, in the event of a total loss, insurance companies will only provide the driver with the actual cash value of the lost vehicle, which is less than the price paid for a new vehicle. New car replacement insurance will reduce the financial burden of purchasing a new car after suffering a total loss.
- Why New Car Replacement Insurance is useful. This type of coverage is useful because of the depreciation of cars. In most cases, it is estimated that vehicles lose more than 10% of their value in the first months of ownership and more than 20% in the first 12 months.
- What are the conditions to get one. This coverage only applies to newer cars. According to insurers, cars must be of a certain age and have a certain mileage. In addition, the driver must have understanding and collision coverage.
- How it differs from GAP insurance. Many people confuse new car replacement insurance with GAP insurance. However, these are two different covers. GAP insurance is used to bridge the gap on the obligations of a loan or lease. New car replacement insurance helps drivers buy a new car, while GAP insurance helps drivers pay off their full car. GAP insurance will make up the difference between the actual cash value of the car totaled and what the driver owes.
- Who offers new car replacement insurance. Not all insurance companies offer this optional coverage. Some providers who offer new car replacement insurance include Allstate, Ameriprise Financial, Farmers Insurance, Liberty Mutual, MetLife, Nationwide, Travelers Insurance and The Hartford.
- It is worth purchasing new car replacement insurance. In most cases, this option costs 5% of the annual premium. Before having this option, drivers need to take into account such things as their personal risk, how much they drive, their neighborhood, the likelihood of being involved in a car accident that can total their cars, s’ they can afford to buy a new car with the actual cash value they will receive and their ability to pay for that coverage.
For more information, money saving tips and free auto insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique in that it is not limited to just one type of insurance provider, but offers customers the best deals from many different online insurers. This way, customers have access to offers from multiple carriers in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or national agencies, branded insurance companies, etc.
Share the article on social media or by email: