Insurance policy for electric scooters in India
Just like other vehicles, an electric scooter can also be insured. The process of obtaining insurance involves a few steps. Read on to learn all about it.
The government of our country has recently set itself the goal of going “all electric” to limit the spread of pollution. India is one of the top five countries in the world to use conventional fuels. Due to this, the environment is facing a serious threat, which is why electric scooters are being promoted more and more these days. Having adequate insurance if you have an electric scooter is also important because your scooter is an asset. When you request the insurance in case of damage, you are reimbursed.
Some of the main benefits of insuring your electric scooter include:
- Obtaining insurance for your electric scooter is in accordance with government law. The government requires that every vehicle be registered and insured.
- It helps you financially in case of accidents and mishaps. The components of electric scooters are very expensive and therefore it is very important to have insurance to cover the costs.
- Even if your electric scooter malfunctions or breaks down, the money will be refunded. Thus, an insurance policy saves you from spending money out of your pocket in case of an accident.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING AN INSURANCE POLICY:
- Go for a policy that offers comprehensive coverage at a reasonable price.
- Give preference to digital insurance companies, as they can be quickly acquired and easily claimed.
- Compare the pros and cons of many policies before settling on one.
- Make sure you are legally prepared and responsible.
- Read the fine print stating the terms and conditions carefully before making the purchase.
NECESSARY DOCUMENTS :
- Proof of Identity – Voter ID Card, Aadhaar
- Proof of Address – Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar
- Recently taken passport size photographs
TYPES OF INSURANCE:
There are generally two variants of electric scooter insurance in India. They are:
- Third Party Liability Insurance – Considered the primary type of insurance, third party liability insurance protects the insured vehicle from all sorts of financial and legal liability caused as a result of accidental damage.
- Comprehensive two-wheeler insurance – This type of insurance provides an extra layer of security and safety. This policy provides protects the insured vehicle from many natural as well as man-made disasters.
WHY SUBSCRIBE TO AN INSURANCE POLICY?
There are two main reasons why you should get your electric scooter insured as soon as possible. They are:
- Electric scooters come at a high price and therefore they should be insured to save money in the event of an accident.
- Electric scooters have high maintenance costs. They are quite powerful and therefore need as much protection as possible. An insurance policy guarantees it.
Insuring your electric scooter is both logical and sensible if you want to save money in the long run. There are many insurance companies that offer electric scooter insurance. Do proper research and compare plans before locking in on a particular one.